Forex market is the largest financial market which daily attracts many traders and speculators. Learn what are the worst forex trading mistakes to avoid and to make money trading the forex market.
1. Not having a trading and business plan If you do not have a trading plan then you trade solely on luck. Luck statistically does not make money over time but only a few times. So without a trading scheme, chances are against wining money.
2. Not reading daily financial and business news How often do you take a trade and moments later you watch it move against your initial target wondering what happened? Right or wrong economic news often cause significant moves in the forex market, and there is an explanation for it.
3. Overanalyzing the big picture Analysis is good in online trading and thorough analysis and research show you are a grave and professional forex trader. But sometimes the easiest way is to follow the trend
4. Going against the significant trend Be a hero, buy at the ultimate bottom or sell at the major top. When there is a significant trend up or down going against the trend is like swimming in an ocean full of sharks. You may get exposed to grave danger losing your capital
5. Looking to find the perfect trading system There are numerous forex trading systems. Some are simple; some are more sophisticated. Some are mechanical while others are automated. If you do not try to focus on one, two or a few systems that work after testing then you will always spend time and money searching for the 100% foolproof forex trading system which may not exist
6. Not having a definite risk-reward ratio and targets Knowing when to take profits or cut losses is essential to survive in this forex market game. Have from the beginning clear objectives and justification for entering and exiting any trade. And not buying at all is still a decision if the rules for not entering the market are not met
7. Be greedy and not applying risk management Greed is good but only if you apply a proven risk management plan. Not cutting your losses and having your capital diminished by a significant amount shows an emotional trader. Emotions like fear, greed, excitement are wrong when trading online. No one went bankrupt taking profits.
8. Over-responding to the news:
There will be an excessive amount of news consistently. From the TV, the newspapers, the radio and the Internet. You will be flooded with news that is identified with forex trading somehow. In any case, recall that there is news, and there is the essential story. You must know how to isolate the actualities from decorated foundation commotion and relevant data from frequent data statements.
This is very crucial in this field because currencies can be highly volatile. A simple news report that catches the market by surprise can trigger a significant movement. Following daily news and reports about currencies are something that forex traders should be careful about. What they should do though is to learn how to read forex charts and learn what critical support and resistance levels are.
9. Getting included in day trading:
Day trading involves the buying and offering of currencies inside the same 24 hour day. This exploits the various changes of the currencies that happen inside a day trading period. Try not to do this unless you are an exceptionally taught apt merchant. For most brokers day trading may give little, short-term gains but in the long run, it will cost you to miss major moves where the real money is made.
10. Entrusting someone with your money:
One of the very common mistakes that people do when forex trading is to assign people with your money and take after their recommendation. This might be good now and again as having the right coach in the business to show you about the ins and outs can be useful. Nonetheless, putting your confidence in one person and only taking after their recommendation like a robot with no idea or push to make in the business for yourself is not the best approach to building up your skills.
Forex trading offers the opportunity to make significant amounts of money in a short period. But like most professional activities realizing that potentially is not as easy as it may at first look. Avoiding common trader mistakes will help you to stay in the game while you develop your trading skills. The forex market is a very liquid, active, making money market.But it is also the perfect marketing field for many forex brokers who advertise that trading forex is easy.Do not make the above mistakes and chances are you will be a long term successful trader making money consistently.One good idea is not only to paper trade with demo accounts at first but to keep track of your trading history when you place real money on any market and keep only the good habits justifying what worked and what not.This is one trading system that works. And do not forget behavioral finance. People react to emotions, and these emotions are the primary trend setting in forex.
Rate This Post :